April 10, 2013
Sometimes in the day to day discussions of product announcements, funding activity and M&A froth we miss the opportunity to take a deep look at what the future looks like. This is especially so in the infrastructure space where some massive shifts (and, yes, some massive buzzwords) are really changing the way infrastructure works.
My friend Krishnan Subramanian of Rishidot Research where musing over this fact and decided to do something about it. We’re holding an even ion the 9th of May in Las Vegas that is going to bring together 80 of the most influential, the most important, the most visionary and the most opinionated cloud and infrastructure people together in an invitation-only event to look at what infrastructure will look like in the year 2020.
The Cloud 2020 Summit, as the website articulates, is borne out of the fact that from chips to servers to data centers to infrastructure software, we are seeing tremendous transformation in the name of cloud computing. The shift in the landscape is occurring at a rapid pace leading to large scale confusion on where the industry is headed. At Cloud 2020 Summit, we plan to decipher where infrastructure services are headed in the year 2020.
We’re looking at a few broad topic areas:
- The data center of the future
- Chip design and server density issues
- Data center design, efficiency and sustainability
- Security – how to secure data in this brave new world
- The building blocks
- Storage – handling the mass
- Networking – extrapolating out the software defined network in the future
- The cloud operating system – the layer on top of the infrastructure
- Controlling our heterogeneous future – the control plane that pulls all this stuff together
The Cloud 2020 Summit is taking place at the SuperNAP and participants will be invited to take a tour of the facility which, believe me, is pretty awe-inspiring.
So if you think you’ve got something to offer in the discussion about the future of infrastructure and would like to attend the event, please feel free to submit an application – our advisory board will select attendees in the next couple of week.