With a twitter hat-tip (a twhit maybe) to Stuart for pointing it out, the Neilsen Norman Group has awarded it’s bouquets for the ten best UIs of 2008. Good to see on-demand well represented and great to see our very own Xero take a spot. I use two of the solutions daily (Xero and SugarSync) and both are designs with great intuitive flow and interaction to the forefront.
The top ten were;
- Campaign Monitor by Eyeblaster (Israel): integrated management of multiple advertising campaigns for media buyers.
- CMSBox by CMSBox (Switzerland): content management system.
- FotoFlexer by Arbor Labs (USA): photo editor.
- PRISMAprepare by Océ (Netherlands): print shop software.
- Seating Management by Magellan Network and DesignBox (USA): hostess stand reservation book for restaurants.
- SQL diagnostic manager by Idera (USA): database performance monitoring and diagnostics.
- SugarSync by Sharpcast (USA): synchronizing files across multiple computers.
- SuperSaaS by SuperSaaS (Netherlands): creating and hosting scheduling and reservation systems.
- Wufoo by Infinity Box, Inc. (USA): online forms, surveys, invitations, and payments.
- Xero by Xero (New Zealand): accounting for small businesses.
The entire report can be downloaded here (for the not insignificant sum of $98). It does look like a very comprehensive report so valuable for those in the UI design field out there.